A mother-of-two who suffered a miscarriage after eating ice cream laced with listeria is suing its manufacturer, a lawsuit revealed today.
Kristen Hopkins, was visiting Clearwater, Florida, for a family wedding when she ate a frozen sweet treat from Big Olaf Creamery in late May.
The mother — then 11-weeks pregnant with a baby boy — flew home to Billerica, Massachusetts, but a week later began to suffer mild cramps and ‘persistent’ indigestion. When she woke up one morning pale and shivering, husband Frank Imbruglia rushed her to hospital.
Doctors there diagnosed her with listeriosis, and said her baby had already died. She had told family members about the pregnancy during the wedding just weeks earlier that was also attended by daughers Natalia, 5, and Amelia, seven months.
Read the Full Article Here dailymail