VIDEO: Petrol can explodes after man pours fuel on the fire


Adding fuel to the fire! Moment barbecue host sets his garden furniture ablaze after petrol can EXPLODES in his hands

  • Danny Keenan was with his wife and friends in his garden in Cumbria 
  • He decided to pour fuel on his fire pit as the evening was starting to get cold 
  • As soon as he poured petrol on the fire pit the can exploded into a ball of flame

A quiet BBQ descended into chaos as CCTV captured the moment a petrol can being used to boost the flames exploded – setting furniture ablaze and leaving guests fleeing to hide behind fences.

Danny Keenan and his wife Samantha had already finished eating with next door neighbour Stephen Jones when they settled down for some drinks around the firepit on May 22.

As the temperature dropped in Barrow-in-Furness, Cumbria, Mr Keenan, 35, reached for some petrol to revive the dwindling fire.

Danny Keenan and his wife Samantha had already finished eating with next door neighbour Stephen Jones when they settled down for some drinks around the firepit on May 22

Danny Keenan and his wife Samantha had already finished eating with next door neighbour Stephen Jones when they settled down for some drinks around the firepit on May 22

Mr Keenan misjudged the flammable nature of petrol with spectacular results

Mr Keenan misjudged the flammable nature of petrol with spectacular results

Mr Keenan misjudged the flammable nature of petrol with spectacular results 

Fiery CCTV footage shows how the flammable liquid caught light and within seconds flames started to run up Mr Keenan’s sleeve causing the wagon driver to drop the canister.

In a flash, fire spread across the gravel underneath and jumped on to Stephen’s sofa, setting the cushions alight.

But the quick-thinking neighbour was able to make an inventive getaway – lifting up their garden fence, dragging the remains of the sofa through and using the panel to protect himself from the flames.

Mr Keenan said: ‘I’ve never had anything like this happen to me before so it was a huge shock. I was relieved I had a jacket on and didn’t get burnt and nobody else was injured.

‘I panicked thinking the flames were going to keep spreading across the garden. I was most concerned they could go and destroy my hot tub at the back.

‘The temperature had dropped and I just couldn’t get the wood burning properly on the fire pit. It doubles up as a fire pit and BBQ and the embers had died down a bit from the food earlier.

‘We’d all put our jackets on but needed a bit more warmth so I went to borrow petrol from my brother-in-law Paul who lives at the back of our house.

‘I’d only had a couple of drinks before this so I had control over it.

A CCTV camera caught the moment the petrol can exploded after coming in contact with the fire

A CCTV camera caught the moment the petrol can exploded after coming in contact with the fire

A CCTV camera caught the moment the petrol can exploded after coming in contact with the fire

‘As neighbours we regularly catch up like this if the weather’s nice. During lockdown we kept it up but just sat in our separate gardens with the fence panels up.

‘The fire jumped up my arm first which is why I ended up dropping the canister. Fortunately I managed to bat it off quickly so I didn’t get burned.

‘But the flames spread quickly as we have a tarpaulin under the stones and that caught light which then jumped onto Stephen’s sofa.

‘It took us a good 10 minutes to put it out properly. We were really lucky that none of us were hurt in it and the only damage was the cushion covers getting burned.’

Advertisement



Source link

Spread the love

Leave a Reply

GIPHY App Key not set. Please check settings

What do you think?

Utah Jazz guard Mike Conley to miss Game 2 vs. LA Clippers

Steph Houghton’s 10 stars to watch at the European Championships