Mike Ashley ‘confident he will finally be able to sell Newcastle for £300million’


Mike Ashley ‘confident he will finally be able to sell Newcastle for £300m as he tells Saudi consortium led by Amanda Staveley to be ready to finalise a deal within a month’

  • Mike Ashley feels he will soon be able to finalise the sale of Newcastle for £300m
  • Ashley told consortium led by Amanda Staveley to be ready to complete a deal
  • Newcastle owner has been involved in lengthy legal battle with Premier League
  • Consortium was set to buy Newcastle last year but ended up pulling out

Newcastle owner Mike Ashley reportedly believes he will soon be able to finalise the sale of the club for £300million.

As reported by The Sun, Ashley has informed the Saudi Arabian consortium, who are led by Amanda Staveley, to be prepared to complete a deal within a month.

Ashley has been involved in a lengthy legal battle with the Premier League and took them to the Competition Appeal Tribunal after the consortium pulled out of a deal last year.

Mike Ashley is confident he will be able to complete the £300m sale of Newcastle soon

Mike Ashley is confident he will be able to complete the £300m sale of Newcastle soon

Ashley told the Saudi Arabian consortium, led by Amanda Staveley, to be ready within a month

Ashley told the Saudi Arabian consortium, led by Amanda Staveley, to be ready within a month

Ashley told the Saudi Arabian consortium, led by Amanda Staveley, to be ready within a month

Ashley has remained in contact with Staveley, with the hearing set to begin next Friday.

In addition, a separate arbitration action will take place in July.

The consortium is made up of Staveley’s firm PCP Captial Partners as well as PIF and Reuben Brothers.

Ashley has been involved in a lengthy legal battle with the Premier League and took them to the Competition Appeal Tribunal

Ashley has been involved in a lengthy legal battle with the Premier League and took them to the Competition Appeal Tribunal

Ashley has been involved in a lengthy legal battle with the Premier League and took them to the Competition Appeal Tribunal

A deal was agreed last year but eventually fell through, with lawyers representing the Premier League finding it difficult to work out the connection between the consortium and the Saudi state.

However, Ashley, who purchased Newcastle in 2007, is adamant that the Premier League’s big six – Manchester City, Manchester United, Liverpool, Chelsea, Tottenham and Arsenal – didn’t want the takeover to go ahead as they were wary that the Magpies could become a major force.  



Source link

Spread the love

Leave a Reply

GIPHY App Key not set. Please check settings

What do you think?

Mill Hill mother of three calls for e-scooter ban for under-21s

Shamima Begum claims she fled UK to join ISIS in Syria as ‘she didn’t want to be left behind’