News

Chlorine leak at Apollo Bay pool sends three swimmers to hospital

Panic as toxic gas leak at a popular pool sends three swimmers to hospital and 21 in need of medical attention

  • Three people have been rushed to hospital after a chlorine leak at a public pool
  • Hazmat teams entered the Apollo Bay Aquatic and Leisure Centre in Victorian 
  • There were 21 others affected by the toxic gas who were treated at the scene

Three people have been rushed to hospital and another 21 treated at the scene after a chlorine leak at a popular public pool.

Paramedics rushed to Apollo Bay Aquatic and Leisure Centre in the Victorian holiday town about 10.50am on Saturday when the leak was reported.

Two of the victims were airlifted to The Alfred Hospital in Melbourne and another taken by ambulance to Geelong Hospital.

Paramedics rushed to Apollo Bay Aquatic and Leisure Centre in the Victorian holiday town about 10.50am on Saturday when the chlorine leak was reported

Paramedics rushed to Apollo Bay Aquatic and Leisure Centre in the Victorian holiday town about 10.50am on Saturday when the chlorine leak was reported

Victoria’s Country Fire Authority said 21 people, including two young children, needed treatment at the scene after being exposed to the toxic gas.

Hazmats teams were summoned to the pool to deal with the ‘chemical hazard’ but the CFA said there was no threat to the wider community.

‘It appears there were multiple people who were inside the building at the time who will be assessed,’ Ambulance Victoria said.

Vic Emergency has assured local residents there is currently no threat to the wider community.

But locals are urged to stay informed and monitor conditions.

CFA has also instructed motorists in the area to watch out for emergency vehicles and to pull over when sirens pass by.

The Apollo Bay Aquatic Centre has been contacted for comment.


Source link

bourbiza

Bourbiza Mohamed. Writer and Political Discourse Analysis.

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Back to top button